Kathryn Conley, Ph.D. in New York
Approach to Wellness Coaching
Although I am a clinical psychologist, I recognize that traditional therapy is not always the preferred modality for receiving help. You might be looking for an alternative way to work through specific challenges. Enter coaching. Coaching is a short-term, solution-focused pathway to achieving your goals. Coaching sessions create space to collaboratively work through presenting issues – understand challenges, identify new skills to be learned, set goals, and create plans.
Areas of Focus
My coaching focuses on the health and wellness side of a client’s life. My expertise as a psychologist allows me to effectively support clients in their efforts to create and maintain healthy behaviors. If desired, I can connect clients with a network of other helping professionals including physical trainer, nutritionist, yoga instructor, acupuncturist, and massage therapist.
Specific areas of focus include:
Behavior change and motivation management
- Identifying and clarifying health/wellness goals
- Creating and maintaining healthy habits and behaviors
- Finding and sustaining motivation to change
- Examples of behavior change goals include smoking cessation, creating and maintaining healthy habits (exercise, nutrition), moderating technology use, improve time management, improve self-care and stress management
Stress and Coping 101
- Understanding stress and effective coping
- Prioritizing self-care and staying grounded in the midst of life’s stressors
- Improving life balance
- Specific stress management strategies
- Create space to reflect and check-in on the various domains of your life – health (emotional/physical), relationships (social, family, substances, food), work, spirituality, fun/play.
- Consider and clarify your values – do they align with your choices?
- Set goals and identify path towards desired change
Individual Wellness Coaching Services
Individual wellness coaching sessions are 30-60 minutes. They can occur in person, by telephone, or secure video for flexibility. Sessions can be scheduled as frequently as desired or helpful.
Consider creating some space for you. If you want support, are interested in change, or simply want a deeper understanding of yourself and your relationships individual therapy might be a good choice for you.
Change is hard. Together we will clarify your values, identify wellness goals, create a plan and then work towards desired change.
Telehealth can be an effective solution to some of the time barriers that keep people from seeking the help and support they need or want. From the comfort of your home, office or other private space we can connect by secure video sessions.
I offer short-term and time-limited consultation sessions to talk through specific problems or concerns and offer recommendations and/or strategies towards resolution..
Relationship and family concerns
Coping with acute and/or chronic stressors
Work-life balance and work-related conflicts
Grief and loss
Self-esteem and identity concerns
Anxiety and worry
Life transitions and change
Transitioning to college
Substance use – abstinence or moderation goals
Supporting loved ones with substance use problems
Contact Dr. Conley
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
For emergencies, call 911 or visit your nearest hospital
1600 Harrison Ave Suite G 104-7 Mamaroneck, NY 10543
License # 020254
Information, services, products, messages, and other content on this website are provided for educational and general informational purposes only. No warranty is expressed or implied with respect to health care, treatments, or any other matter. Certain links included on this website are links to other websites owned by third-parties. Dr. Kathryn (K.C.) Conley is not affiliated with, does not endorse, and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services, or other materials appearing on any linked website.